Tuesday, April 6, 2010

NEW MUSIC: The Living Sisters + Love To Live

I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of The Bird and the Bee, the California duo of Inara George and Greg Kurstin. I just became aware of Inara's side project, The Living Sisters, a trio of harmonic and melodious songbirds that hearken to an age ago past mid-century, with influences from country to jazz to pop. Each "sister" is acclaimed in their own right, EIeni Mandell has 7-albums under her belt and won the best songwriter award with Elliot Smith in 2003. Becky Stark can be heard in the band Lavender Diamond and recently sang on The Decemberist's latest. And Inara, well her voice melts and sweeps me off my feet every time. Therefore I invite you to be swept off to sunshine on this overcast day with The Living Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment