Thursday, February 25, 2010

THRIFTY THURSDAY: 60s & 70s Books

When I was in grade school we had this great hole in the wall library chuck full of vintage books, leftover gems from the 60s and 70s that captured the imagination with their bright and eerie graphics. Years after I graduated I found myself missing some of the strange stories from my childhood and set out to find them at various thrift and antique stores, even online. My favorite one is SpiritTown, cover wise and story wise. Oftentimes I don't find myself as intrigued by present day covers, the ones that do intrigue me are often throwbacks. There's just something about the books from these times that gives you the immediate feel and mood of the story in one image. They're not cold and homoginous, but rather lived in, vibrant, worn and wonderful. This weekend see if you can remember a book from your childhood that you want to revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment